Come Tour the Horse Capital of The World!
The Kentucky Horse Park
Located four miles from the hotel. Visit their website at www.kyhorsepark.com. This beautiful park features various equine events throughout the year, such as the Rolex Kentucky and the National Horse Show. You can visit the Hall of Champions, take a walking tour of the onsite horse barns, and enjoy the huge variety of horses that this unique facility has to offer. Come see why we are so proud to have the best show horse facility in the United States in our backyard.
- April 11—14 KY Spring Premier Saddlebred Show
- April 25—28 Rolex KY 3 Day Event
- May 8—19 KY Spring Hunter/Jumper
- May 24-26 KY Inv. High School Rodeo
- June 5—16 Country Heir Horse Show
- June 21-23 MidSouth Pony Club Rally
- June 26-30 Silverama Arabian Championship
- July 17—21 USEF/American Vaulting Association National Championship
- July 24—August 4 - KY Summer Horse Show
- August 7—11 USEF Pony Finals
- September 10—15 Rocky Mountain Horse Show
The horse park also has activities for those visiting the area that include,
- Horse drawn tours
- Hall of Champions Show
- Parade of Breeds Presentation
- Shop talk with the farrier
- Mare and Foal Show
- The American Saddlebred Museum
Keeneland Race Track
Located nine miles from the hotel. Now in it's 75th year of service, Keeneland continues to be the leader in the world of thoroughbred racing and sales. Racing occurs twice a year in April and October. The track runs Wednesday through Sunday, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and on Easter Sunday. Visit their website at www.keeneland.com.
- April 5—26 Spring Meet
- October 4—26 Fall Meet
- April 8 Two year olds in training sale
- September 9—20 Yearling Horse Sales
- November 5- 15 Breeding Stock Sales
Red Mile Harness Track
Located six miles from the hotel. Known for its red clay, one-mile track, the Red Mile is the second oldest harness track in the world. For over 130 years, harness racing's elite have converged on the Red Mile to stage some of the greatest equine battles in history. The Red Mile Standardbred Meet is August 4 – October 6. Visit their website at www.theredmile.com.