Hotel Employment: Server or Banquet Staff
Title: Restaurant Server
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Outlets Manager, Restaurant/Lounge Supervisor or Food and Beverage Director
Provides prompt and courteous food and beverage service to restaurant guests while maximizing sales and guest satisfaction.
- Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Works within policy to accommodate guest's special food requests. Documents legibly the guest's order information on guest checks.
- Upsells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work; stocks service station, makes coffee, etc.
- Forwards customer payments to cashier for completion of the transaction as outlined in cash and charge procedures; receives change from cashier and returns change promptly to guest.
- May assist Greeter/Cashier with greeting and seating guests; may assist busperson with clearing table and filling glasses.
Internal: Food and Beverage Staff: to coordinate guest service requests
Management Staff: to apprise of service problems
External: Guests and Visitors: to provide services
Education/Experience: Basic reading, writing and math. Food service experience with
general knowledge of restaurant operations.
Certification: None (Unless local requirements exist). Must meet legal age
requirements of state.
Skills: Customer service