Hotel Employment: Kitchen Staff or Cook
Department: Food and Beverage
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Sous Chef or Executive Chef
Prepares food that results in a high quality of taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues.
- Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards specified in recipes or as otherwise designated by servers within policy; controls food usage to minimize waste.
- Prepares the next day's work on a daily basis.
- Advises supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Holiday Inn requirements.
- Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing warewasher or other kitchen duties as needed.
Internal: Restaurant Servers: to receive food orders and deliver product
Education/Experience: Basic reading, writing and math skills and one year of food
Skills: Interpersonal skills
Attention to detail